Monday, January 16, 2012

My Orange Bike - Repainted

The rebuild is finally done!  I don't have a white garage door, heck I don't even have a garage, so an off-white wall will have to do.

Blue accents of the bar tape and the Cane Creek 110 headset are perfect complements for the Orange frame.

I've ordered some blue leather bar tape with Orange stitching from HandleBra.  I first saw this at the 2010 NAHBS in Richmond, VA

I'll post picks when I get the tape.






I had the decals added to the seat tube because I thought the decals on the down tube were going to be consumed by the flames.  I didn't think the folks at Joe's Bicycle Painting were going to add both.  Looks pretty good.

The saddle is broken in pretty good now.  You can see where my ass is asymmetrical from the indentations in the saddle.  Lol!






The decision to go back to the alloy Record gruppo for this build was the right one.  It looks so much better to me than carbon fibre.

I'm looking for some stainless steel bottle cages to replace the side-loader I've got now.









I decided at the last minute to have to fork painted to match the frame.  Right call!  They even added Decals down the front it identify Dario Pegoretti as the frame maker.

Awesome!









I built these wheels up last year.  Ambrosio Nemesis rims laced 3x to Campy Record hubs with Vittoria Corsa CX tires.  They work well with the alloy gruppo.

Nice!



















The one flaw in the ointment; the missing head badge!  8^(

The folks at Joe's claim that the head badge was not on the frame when they got it.  I call BS on this.  Unfortunately, the head badge is still missing.  I'm working with Cycle by Kyle where I bought the frame on getting a replacement head badge.

As you can see, the saddle is just a bit too dark and doesn't quite match the blue accents on the other components.  It not real important but if I run across something I may just pick it up.  Color coordination isn't everything (did I just say that?!?).




















Close up shot of the flames
Another close up shot of the flames

And now for the whole enchilada:


2 comments:

  1. So that WAS you who rolled through Ballston yesterday morning with a group of riders!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There were only 4 of us but yeah, we went up George Mason to Henderson to Quincy to Military and back.

    ReplyDelete